Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No Cameroonian Artist Threatens Ambe!

His hit single Rendezvous made waves both locally and internationally and is still making waves. Formerly known as Denzyl, the Rendezvous crooner talks about his life, how music started for him and made what him change his name from Denzyl to Ambe.




Hello Ambe, tell us a little about yourself:
As u already know my name is AMBE aka Rarararaah rorororooh, aka RendezVous,Bamenda,Cameroon's AfroPop knight, aka from the name... Hello I’m Bafut lolz

How did music start for you?
#Singin "I grow na for RendezVous" ....used to rep my school at talent competitions, singing,rapping was a hobby and passion, i can remember being able to rap all of 50cent's 'Get rich or Die tryin' Album, so yeah that's how it started for me.

You started your carrier with the name Denzyl, what made you switch to Ambe?
Well I just grew out of Denzyl, and thought it was the right tome for me to start using my birth name. It was a process of rebirth and i learned a lot being Denzyl, and all that i learned will be used as Ambe.

What genre of music do you do?
I try my best to be original but still represent Cameroon; I just do good music, categorized under Afro pop

The music industry of Cameroon is
Quiet young, what are some of the challenges u have had to face as an artist?

Well my only challenge is meeting up to ma people’s expectations with my music...



Where do you get you inspiration from?
God is my ultimate inspiration before my experiences and the society we live in.

Your song, “Rendezvous” was very, successful and is still making waves. Did you ever think it was going to be that successful?
well me and my team worked hard and are still working hard day in day out, but trust me I know the forces behind and in front of me and with these type of forces it'll only get better “nottin no pass God!!!!!! This is just the beginning "I’m ZionKnight" and I thank Cameroonians for loving the song and pushing it all the way up #Team237

Which artist to you look up to in the industry and why?

Wow!! A lot of talented guys out there massa "if I wan name them go flop the whole place"

Do you feel threatened by other artists in the industry?
No!!!!! No man nedi threaten me and no man no fit threaten me. We all have individual and unique destinies, I dey on my lane massa and Grace is leading...

Where do you see yourself and the music industry in Cameroon five years from now?
#Singing "I want to be a rich man like Aladji Dangote" I wan to be a rich man like Baggio for London" hahahaha Well i don’t know honestly!!! But I definitely will be where God leads me to and I know he will only lead me to a place where I will wine and dine with kings hahahaha and yeah industry di grow very badly..



How do you cope with attention from all your female fans?
Wow!! #Singing "Enter Molyko make small ngah dem cry for me, Enter Ngoa Ekele and Soa make ngah dem craze for me" Lol hahaha it's all about love and nothing else...

What’s in store for Ambe in the future?
More (Smiles) beautiful music, videos for ma people, performing for them and living my life to the fullest

Any words for up and coming artist in the industry?
YEAH!!! e no easy , patience is the key, just keep on grinding and praying nobody badder than... nobody holly pass, God first and "u go buy Maserati for ya mother and Ferrari for ya father" Hallelujah Amen!

How can the fans reach you?
Facebook /AmbeOfficial
Twitter :@AmbeOfficial
InstaGram: AMBEOFFICIAL
Thank you Ambe and God bless you all for reading..




Photo Credit:Face book.

No comments:

Post a Comment